ATID Learning Center Update April 6, 2017
Passover Break April 9-16
- 5th/6th Grade Resumes Wednesday, April 19
- Sunday Classes Resume April 23
Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday.
Here are some Passover resources:
You made Federation’s Sara & Samuel J. Lessans Good Deeds Day incredibly impactful for so many people in need!
Thank you for joining more than 8,000 fellow volunteers across our community on Sunday, April 2 for our sixth annual Sara & Samuel J. Lessans Good Deeds Day. As the largest organized Good Deeds Day effort in the Americas, your commitment to tikkun olam (repairing the world) shows the international Jewish community Greater Washington’s passion for social action!
Visit our Facebook to share your photos from the day.
Tag @JewishFederationGW and use the hashtag #GoodDeedsDay.It is truly remarkable that this annual day of service, established in Israel in 2007, is now an international phenomenon reaching more than 90 countries and over half a million volunteers around the world!
Federation’s Good Deeds Day is made possible by Drs. Ellen & Stuart Lessans, in loving memory of Sara & Samuel J. Lessans.
Good Deeds Day is produced in partnership with Federation’s Jconnect, the local Jewish Community Centers, Federation partner agencies, congregations and other organizations.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington welcomes the participation of interfaith couples and families, and people of all abilities, backgrounds, gender identities and sexual orientations. Building an inclusive community is a Federation priority.
Your partner in Jewish learning,
Mark Your Calendar:
- Sunday April 9-16/ No School Spring Break
- Wednesday, April 19/ 5/6th Grade Class Resumes
- Sunday, April 30, 10 a.m.- 12 noon / A Community Action Plan Meeting on Helping Refugees and Immigrants in Our Area Hear from members of our congregation and other community leaders on ways to make a difference. We need your input, feedback, and commitment
RSVP or Questions? Contact Debbie Amster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday, May 6/ Drama Shabbat (note: No Minyan Yeledim or Junior Congregation)
- Wednesday, May 17/ Last 5/6th Grade Class
- Sunday, May 21/ Last Day of Atid Learning Center