Atid Learning Center Update March 1, 2017
- Class 9 am, wear your costume!
- Purim Puppet Show at 11am
- Students will go to the Social Hall at 11 am, parents and siblings are invited to join us at that time.
- The puppet show will end at 11:45 am.
JUNIOR CONGREGATION CANCELLED 3/4
Kitah Alef (K-2)
Teacher: Limor Dahan
-started to talk about Purim.
-went over the characters in the Purim story and the kids made finger puppets
-next week the kids will use their puppets to act out the story
-learned four new words in Hebrew , Crown- Keter, Hamantashen- Ozen Haman, mask- masecha and a gragger- ra’ashan
-learned the Hebrew letter pay ? for Purim, on the back of the page the kids had to write four words that start with the same sound as the letter pay and on the letter pay the kids glued puzzle pieces
-read the Megilah story and talked about the different things we do on Purim.
*If you have any small props at home that could add to our play, please send them in (crowns, capes, septor, tri-corner hat for Haman, etc)
Our tzedakah total as of today: $251.52!….Lets keep that going!
-reviewed the 4 mitzvot of Purim
-created our own Matanot L’evyonim project (Purim mitzvah of helping the poor)
– brainstormed a bunch of questions to ask the Rabbi when he visits next week
– took turns reading through the Purim story. The students picked roles to read as when going through the text.
– played a game of Purim trivia.
– played a Purim word scramble game.Questions for the home:
- Today in class we talked about the differences between Mishloach Manot and Matanot L’evyonim. What is the difference between the two? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each one? Do you prefer one over the other? Why?
- We learned that the reason we read the Megillah each year is to remember the story of Purim. As kids get older, the story stays the same but their understanding of it changes. Have you ever noticed something in the Megillah that seemed different than it did before? What was it? How did your understanding change?