Why Choose to Enroll your child at Tikvat Israel ECC?
Flexible Scheduling Options
- We are open 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with CORE Preschool hours 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Click HERE to learn more about our hours.
- YOU CREATE YOUR IDEAL SCHEDULE. Choose your own days and hours from a wide selection of scheduling options to accommodate your family’s schedule.
- Add on additional hours as needed.
- Our approach to early childhood education brings together elements of a variety of curricula. We encourage hands-on exploration and discovery play. Our educators foster positive relationships and are responsive to the interests of the children. Click HERE for a detailed explanation of our balanced curriculum.
- At Tikvat Israel ECC, we feel it is important to prepare your child for Kindergarten. We incorporate the Learning Without Tears handwriting curriculum and offer activities to foster Letter Formation (capital and lowercase), Literacy and Math.
- Our ECC Benchmarks were designed to address all developmental areas to guide planning for ages 14 months to 5 years and are used in conjunction with Maryland Early Learning Standards, CDC developmental timelines, and Healthy Beginnings.
- Our educators utilize Teaching Strategies GOLD® assessment & observation tools, the Ages and Stage Questionnaire, and other assessment tools as needed. We offer family conferencing twice per year.
Our ECC Family
- The Tikvat Israel ECC children provide the spark and inspiration for thoughtful planning of engaging activities. The children and adults at the ECC have much to learn from one another. The connections that are established at such a young age are a testament to the warmth, kindness and caring of our ECC children.
- Our ECC educators are playful, nurturing and creative! They plan with intentionality to meets the developmental needs of the children in their care and are flexible enough to follow a child’s lead when a teachable moment occurs.
- As a Jewish preschool, we celebrate the rich traditions of Judaism and integrate a strong values-based curriculum.
- The parents, grandparents and siblings of our ECC children are integral to our community. Families are welcome to join us for Kabbalat Shabbat, Special Events or any time they want to visit the ECC.
- We are fortunate to have many cultures and languages represented at Tikvat Israel ECC. We welcome all children, families and educators to be part of our ECC family.
- Our ECC family is part of the larger Tikvat Israel Congregation community. We partner with the congregation to provide integrated social and religious programming that is geared towards families with young children.
- We believe that the outdoor environment is an extension of the classroom where learning is encouraged.
- Our location adjacent to beautiful Rock Creek Park allows for hikes, nature walks and unlimited exploration opportunities just steps from the ECC!
- Creative Exploration is encouraged and a variety of music, art and theatrical learning opportunities are provided through a grant by Maryland Arts in Education.
For information and to arrange a tour, please contact ECC Director Debbie Ungar at 301-251-0455 or email email@example.com.