Baking Challah for the Holidays
Date(s) - Wednesday, September 9, 2020
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Categories No Categories
To work along with Beth, which she hopes you will do, you will need to have:
- Flour, preferably bread flour, but all purpose will work, too – do not use self-rising flour
- Yeast – 1 packet – DO NOT OPEN YEAST BEFORE THE CLASS!
- Salt, preferably coarse/Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Warm water
- A large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper or silpat or foil
- a 1-cup dry measuring cup
- a 1-cup liquid measuring cup
- measuring spoons (tablespoon, teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon)
- plastic wrap
- a dish towel
- a large bowl
- electric mixer with dough hook – If you don’t have a mixer with a dough hook, you can use a second large bowl and a large spoon.
This program is on the Tikvat Israel Zoom. Email email@example.com to obtain login information or phone instructions or refer to your B’Kesher.
The use of headphones significantly reduces the background noise when using Zoom and allows us to be more interactive.