High Holidays 5783 Schedule & Information
Soon the High Holiday season will be upon us. To prepare for the holidays, we begin including blasts of the shofar and a special Psalm in our daily service on Rosh Chodesh Elul. But these additions by themselves are not the actual preparation; rather, they remind us we need to begin the process of atonement that makes these days meaningful. Similarly, this annual letter in and of itself does not help us prepare for the holidays; it simply helps make the holiday season logistically smoother so we can keep our focus on creating meaning.
Please complete registration online by Monday, September 12, to aid in our preparations.
The registration form also has options to include your name in our holiday greeting card, purchase memorial plaques, and dedicate mahzorim.
Please also complete the following forms as needed:
- Family & Youth Services/Babysitting
- High Holiday Participation
- Book of Remembrance 5783
- Home Hospitality
- Lulav & Etrog Order Form
- Women’s Network Membership Form
Please also review our COVID-19 health and safety rules for the High Holidays. Please note, these requirements may change based on conditions as the dates draw closer; we thank you in advance for your flexibility and cooperation to ensure the health and safety of our community.
We also want to highlight a few dates coming up before the Holidays:
- Machzorim will be available for members who will be joining the services via Livestream. These will be available for pickup at TI on Sunday, Sept. 11, 4-5:30 pm, and Wednesday, Sept. 21, 4-6 pm.
- Selichot will be Saturday, Sept. 17, 8:30 pm at Tikvat Israel. We will partner with Kehillat Shalom, Shaare Tefila, and B’nai Shalom of Olney in-person and via Livestream.
- Community Memorial Services will be at Garden of Remembrance (Clarksburg) on Sunday, Sept. 18, 2 pm, and at Judean Memorial Gardens (Olney) on Sunday, Oct. 2, 10:30 am.
High Holiday tickets for those who register, and other important holiday information, will be mailed to all members in good standing and pre-registered guests. If you have any questions about your membership, please contact the Synagogue office.
We wish you and your family shana tova u’metukah – a sweet new year filled with health and prosperity!