Tikvat Israel 2021/5782 High Holiday COVID-19 Health and Safety Requirements
With the understanding that no amount of restrictions can guarantee a 100% risk-free environment during the High Holidays, the following are the health and safety rules for those attending services.
- All persons 12 years old and older MUST be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend indoor services in the synagogue building. Advance registration for services, which includes attesting to attendees’ vaccination status, must be submitted by August 24. Register online at www.tikvatisrael.org/HHregistration21
- To assure the health of our community, on the day of services all attendees must be free of all cold and COVID symptoms, including fever, coughs, flu-like conditions, shortness of breath, or loss of sense of smell or taste. If you have any symptoms or are not feeling well, please attend via Livestream instead. You may attend if someone else in your household is ill, unless that person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (if so, you must be tested and have a negative result);
- Masks MUST be worn at all times by all persons 2 years old and older inside the synagogue building, except service leaders, Torah/Haftarah readers and shofar blowers;
- Guests who meet the same vaccination requirements as members may attend if space allows;
- Seating in the Social Hall during all services will be limited to 275 people;
- Chairs in the Social Hall will be spread out in small groupings to allow distancing between family groups;
- Family services will be conducted outdoors, weather permitting. Babysitting will also be available, with advance registration required. Masks will not be required for the outdoor services, or for babysitting when children are on the playground, but parents have that option if they choose;
- We will hold an outdoor shofar blowing on Rosh Hashanah and an outdoor Yizkor service on Yom Kippur for those who are not comfortable coming inside the building.