Tikvat Israel Religious School 2020-2021
Dear Parents of Students in Grades K-7,
I appreciate your patience with our late start to this school year; I’m excited to share our plans for this year at the Tikvat Israel Congregation Religious School.
Imagine a Religious School where kids don’t want to miss a day. They log on with a smile and sign off looking forward to our next session. Imagine a child who feels the warmth and inspiring spirit of Judaism because of their participation in our classes!
Our program will feature 45 minutes of Zoom instruction on Sunday mornings from
10:30 am – 11:15 am for grades K-7. For grades 4-7, there will be an additional weekly 30-minute session of Torah Club that will be scheduled individually between the family and the teen tutor. We will also schedule engaging outdoor activities throughout the year. This plan will allow the students to advance steadily, reinforcing and building on skills previously covered in Religious School.
Even with all the changes happening around us, it is our hope to:
– Uplift our learners to feel the Divine within themselves and others
– Provide the necessary skills to function comfortably in a variety of Jewish settings
– Emphasize Hebrew reading and recitation as well as an understanding of t’fillah (prayer)
– Teach Torah that will inspire our students to grow and continue to deepen their understanding of our texts Promote a lasting connection to Israel’s history, culture, and people
– Prepare our students for responsible citizenship in the broader community, encouraging them to engage with and improve the world around them
The cost of Religious School is typically around $1500 per student, per year. We recognize that currently we are not able to provide traditional hands-on learning, but there still are expenses associated with any program. This year, we are asking for a suggested donation of $360 per student for the year and for you to please fill out our 2020-2021 Religious School registration form.